Responsible for providing divisional leadership that supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the College. Responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and management of assigned instructional programs, services, budget and division employees. Provides leadership in curriculum, academic assessment, strategic planning and budgeting. Employs enrollment management and retention strategies. Fosters collaborative working relationships with internal and external counterparts to communicate and coordinate initiatives that support College and instructional goals. Includes the following instructional disciplines/programs: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science/Technologies , Engineering, Physics/Astronomy, Geology, Mathematics.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a discipline taught within the division (summary above).
Doctoral degree from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
1. Five years of teaching experience in a field related to the Division.
2. Three years of progressive academic administrative experience in a postsecondary institution.
3. Experience with faculty supervision including performance evaluation.
4. Experience in budget development and management.
5. Experience with enrollment management, curriculum/program development and assessment.
6. Experience in building collaborative community/workforce education partnerships.
1. Community college teaching and/or administrative experience preferred.
2. Experience with distance learning modalities and management.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.