| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The hiring range for this position is $45,318 - $58,909 annually.
The Natural Resources Coordinator and Staff Researcher develops, catalogues, and manages the environmental resources and research infrastructure at Tyson Research Center to support the core academic mission (research and education) of TRC and Washington University.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the ~2000 acre TRC landscape and research infrastructure to develop and ensure long-term viability of environmental research opportunities by: managing, coordinating and assisting with maintenance of existing research infrastructure and equipment in collaboration with the Tyson Facilities Manager, including overseeing prescribed habitat burns and invasive species management; developing new research infrastructure to support current research and facilitate growth; ensuring database of geological, floral and weather data is current; maintaining and expanding Tyson’s contribution to national and international data networks and long-term research; coordinating and evaluating deer management plan; maintaining partnerships with landowners and agencies in the region to facilitate broad-scale research grounded at Tyson; write applications for funding for expanding and/or maintaining research infrastructure in alignment with increasing demand for research facilities.
- Design data collection protocols and collect data within TRC research infrastructure and data networks, including long-term environmental research; archive data and manage environmental database(s).
- Interface with TRC users to coordinate research projects and ecological habitats, including the Tyson Research Garden and constructed experimental facilities. Serve as a local expert on the natural history of local ecosystems for users conducting research at TRC and in the Ozarks ecoregion.
- Work with Director, user-stakeholders and university administrators to assess and plan the use and operation of TRC with respect to the academic mission. Write applications for funding related to supporting and enhancing the field station mission.
- Consult with educators as needed with the planning and implementation of course-related projects, conduct tours showcasing research projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with outreach programs including mentoring research fellows, representing TRC during outreach events; conduct TRC research tours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS in ecology, evolutionary biology, environmental science, or related field; 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional written and oral skills, including public speaking; exceptional knowledge of Missouri and Ozarks ecosystems; research skills, including specific tools, techniques or perspectives that allow for collaboration and contribution to the research environment at TRC.
- Missouri Class E Driver’s license must be acquired as a condition of employment.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Tyson. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)