- Teach lecture and laboratory components for advanced level biochemistry courses.
- Teach lecture and laboratory components for general, organic and biochemistry courses for allied health.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the assigned lab courses.
- Assist in curriculum development to maintain a modern biochemistry program especially in the area of biochemical genetics.
- Pursue scholarly activities that include mentoring undergraduate students in biochemical research.
- Obtain funding for curriculum development and/or research individually or collaboratively.
- Participate in departmental and university committees and in community service.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Biological Chemistry (degree must be completed by June 30, 2017)
- Demonstrated experience teaching Chemistry and/or modern Biochemistry.
- A strong biochemistry background in the area of biochemical genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach Chemistry and modern Biochemistry from chemical and molecular biology perspectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing a viable biochemical research program.
- Graduate thesis or post-graduate work involving modern biochemical techniques including but not limited to gene regulation, genome/DNA editing, RT-qPCR.
- College level teaching experience.
- Post-doctoral, grant writing, or other experiences that demonstrate potential for the development of a viable research program, particularly, involving undergraduates at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development to maintain a modern biochemistry program.
- Ability to work as a vested member of the biochemistry team.
- Demonstrated commitment to university service and community outreach.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Interest and ability to work with a highly diverse student population with a wide range of academic skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- A written description of teaching philosophy, research interests, and proposal for undergraduate research projects, not to exceed 5 pages.
Additional Information: Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu. Minnesota State University, Mankato has approximately 16,000 students. The faculty members of the Department of Chemistry and Geology are housed in Ford Hall. The department offers bachelor degrees in chemistry (including an ACS approved degree), biochemistry (including an ASBMB accredited program), chemistry teaching and geology; and minors in chemistry and geology. More information can be found at http://www.cset.mnsu.edu/chemgeol/
Institution: Minnesota State University, Mankato
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.