Contra Costa Community College District
Earth Sciences Adjunct Instructor (Geology)
Posting Number: F00236
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36
Description of Position
Adjunct Instructor for physical geology lecture and/or lab. The assignment may be in the day or evening.
Jean Hetherington, 925-969-4202, firstname.lastname@example.org; Email is preferred
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4130-Physical Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Masters in geology, geophysics, earth sciences, meteorology, oceanography or paleontology OR Bachelors in geology AND Masters in geography, physics, or geochemistry OR the equivalent.
Job Open Date: 08/22/2016
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: January 20, 2017
# of Months: Approximately 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency