Stromberg Garrigan & Associates, Inc., (SGA) (www.s-ga.com) is a multi-discipline landscape architecture and urban planning/design firm. Our firm is a national leader in urban and community revitalization specializing in brownfield redevelopment planning. SGA projects are geographically diverse ranging from major urban centers including the Cities of New York, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, to smaller cities and towns located throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest. Market sectors include mixed-use & urban infill development, resiliency planning & waterfront revitalization, public spaces, parks, recreation, greenways and trails.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of four years of experience to perform civil and site engineering design on a wide range of projects. Applicant will be expected to collaborate with firm landscape architects and architects to ensure site components are properly designed from an engineering perspective while maintaining the architectural design vision.
- Developing site grading, earthwork, and drainage plans.
- Working with the firm’s landscape architects to develop innovative and functional stormwater management strategies.
- Design of green technology elements such as bioretention, cisterns, rain gardens, etc. which are incorporated into a larger site design strategy.
- Pollution reduction calculations for regulatory requirements such as CBPA TMDL reductions, including for TSS, phosphorus, and nitrogen
- Performing necessary stormwater management calculations to prepare applications for required permits such as NPDES, develop erosion and sediment control plans, and meet any other local stormwater permitting requirements.
- Reviewing site plans and making design recommendations for site elements such as earth retaining structures and pavements.
- Analyzing broad data such as GIS and providing generalized recommendations and potential limitations for a site in a planning context.
- Analyzing data on the geologic and geotechnical characteristics of a site and determining potential design implications for stormwater management and foundations for site features.
- Quantity and Cost estimating.
- Preparation of Construction Specifications
- Assisting in the production of bid documents and construction administration of projects.
Must work well in a team environment, with abilities to multi-task and handle various assignments at once.