Rock Mechanics & Rock Physics Lab Technician
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Reports to: Lab Manager
Under direction of Lab Manager, the ANPERC Rock Mechanics & Rock Physics Lab Technician will help UPERC faculty and research groups conduct standard as well as specialized experiments, measurements, and characterization in all aspects of rock mechanics and rock physics. This Lab Technician will contribute to the development, documentation, and enforcement of a coherent, consistent, continuous, and safe experimental operation in upstream petroleum engineering research at KAUST. This Lab Technician will also help the affiliated UPERC faculty and relevant research scientists to run experiments in our labs in compliance with all required HSSE procedures and existing data management structure.
• Under direction of Lab Manager, assist in the execution of standard as well as specialized experiments in rock mechanics and rock physics.
• Aid in the development of such experiments, applying relevant practical and theoretical knowledge in conducting measurements and recording results.
• Maintain relevant equipment and materials, coordinate service or repair, and ensure a stock of consumable materials and supplies for the equipment.
• Ensure adherence to and compliance with HSSE procedures to maintain a safe operation environment at all times in the laboratory as well as sample preparation areas.
• Conduct/coordinate preventative maintenance on specialized equipment
• Develop and write SOPs for specialized equipment
• Coordinate with Lab Manager on lab safety training within the rock mechanics and rock physics equipment domain, including initial training for new users and more advanced training for experienced users.
• Possesses demonstrable expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques, including rock mechanics measurements
• Machining and preparing of rock samples
• Designing and fitting of mechanical components using machine tools and techniques
• Monitoring of standard and specialized tests
• Understands lab methods, and the ability to contribute to method development and validation
• Can troubleshoot and conduct basic equipment repair as instructed by Lab Manager or other scientific staff or faculty
• Is skilled in creative problem-solving
• Prefer the Bachelor of Science/Engineering with demonstrated relevant understanding, knowledge, experience or expertise in rock mechanics, rock physics, or related petroleum engineering disciplines.
• Prefer two or more years in a petroleum, geology, or geosciences research laboratory (academic or industry)
• Master of Science/Engineering would be beneficial
Apply now at https://jobs.kaust.edu.sa/tgwebhost/jobdetails.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency