The Production Shipping Supervisor reports to the Plant Superintendent and directs shift mining production, shipping, maintenance and quality activities to execute plans and achieve production goals at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements while maintaining Unimin safety standards for all plant employees. This position will monitor maintenance, safety, productivity and continuous improvement at the Plant.
Our opportunity offers the possibility of advancement within the company, personal and professional growth and the chance to make a lasting impact on a growing global organization.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Direct processing activities that include:
- drilling and blasting, pit development and mining sequences, washing, pumping and tailings, drying, screening, loading and cooling, product shipments and inventory levels, bagging and maintenance
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the hourly employees to achieve optimum rates of output consistent with short and long range production requirements and quality control parameters to include scheduling of all shifts and weekend maintenance when applicable.
- Coordinate and direct the maintenance function to include establishing maintenance schedules that reduce non-scheduled down time and assure that maintenance records and equipment data information is accurate and up to date. This will include but is not limited to plant winterization, and correct startup and shutdown procedures.
- Maintain acceptable labor and employee relations, provide positive and corrective feedback to hourly employees, administer the employee handbook and Unimin policy guidelines, and handle employee discipline matters while working closely with the Plant Superintendent and Plant Manager.
- Review and recommend actions regarding the development and training of hourly employees to maintain efficient plant operations.
- Assure that safety, health and environmental regulations are maintained.
- Initiates corrective actions when required to maintain and improve plant efficiencies.
- Provide the Plant Superintendent with periodic updates of any problems or Potential problems that would affect the ability of the plant to produce in a safe, timely and efficient manner including but not limited to personnel, equipment, transportation, quality and raw materials.
- Collect, check and forward the necessary labor and operating data for submission of required reports.
- Assist in review of capital improvement projects and engineering changes to insure that they fulfill the plant’s need, are functional and meet long-term maintenance requirements
- Coordinate work with outside contractors.
- Ensure that plant work standards, policies, procedures and plans are maintained at the highest levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
We offer competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, a full range of benefits and the chance to leave your mark on a growing and dynamic team.