About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
WSP | Parson Brinckerhoff (WSP) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Supervising Hydrogeologist to lead and expand the mine hydrogeology business at their Reno, Nevada office.
The ideal candidate will be a technical specialist in the field of mining hydrogeology and mine dewatering & depressurization, although specialists in hydrogeologic applications in the oil and gas and water resource development fields will also be considered. Experience in groundwater investigations relating to mine permitting, operation and closure is highly desirable.
The successful candidate must have strong client relationships and demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature scientific judgment in directing diverse hydrogeologic projects.
Position responsibilities include:
- Establishing and implementing long-range plans and objectives
- Consolidating and developing the business of the Reno office
- Assuring that services meet professional standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives
- Serving as project manager and/or pursuit manager on key projects and strategic pursuits
- Serving as client advocate for major clients
- Serving as a technical expert for your acquired technical skill and experience areas
- Mentoring junior staff and overseeing career development
Opportunities exist for this person to work in concert with managers in other offices, regions and markets to achieve WSP’s overall financial and market success.