EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Two or Three years towards a bachelor’s degree program in geography, ecology, geology, environmental science, or related disciplines.
• Completion of introductory level courses covering the following: GIS, cartography, and remote sensing.
• Research experience
• Field work experience
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in geography, ecology, geology, environmental science or planning, or related disciplines.
• Completion of advanced level courses covering the following: GIS, cartography, remote sensing, map interpretation, GPS techniques, and spatial analysis; OR ecology, conservation biology, and environmental or regional planning.
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
• Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
• Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
• FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
Obtaining the required clearances is completed as part of the new hire process. However, if you would like to apply for the documents on your own or for more information, please visit http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/clearances/index.htm
All applications must be submitted through the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh website