Job Summary: The Senior Account Manager, directly generates revenue by acting as the primary Company representative selling well data solutions to new and current users within an assigned territory or for an assigned customer list. The job requires face-to-face contact with customers and will involve travel to client sites, tradeshows, and other venues. This position assists management in devising sales plans and strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leveraging Geological Products and Services - Well Data products such as Rasters, LAS, Production Data, Directional Surveys, R360™, GEONEWS™
- Manages renewals with current customers. Sells solutions to new and current customers within a geographic area and/or an assigned list of accounts to achieve and exceed allocated revenue objectives.
- Primarily responsible for managing larger accounts.
- Deliver sales presentations to existing and/or prospective customers to determine solution needs and provide follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for creation, implementation and execution of Sales Action Plans.
- Generates and maintains credible forecasts and a pipeline for assigned accounts, customer contacts and feedback through wins/losses within the company customer relationship management system.
- Remains knowledgeable of company's product and service solutions to facilitate sales efforts.
- Serves as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments to resolve customer issues such as accounts receivable, data questions, and delivery options.
- Qualifies potential customers, builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
- Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, handles conflict, manipulation tactics, and strong customer emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
- Provides advice and guidance to fellow account managers.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of Company and current and/or prospective customer records and business activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Take responsibility for your own safety, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Sales, Marketing or Geoscience, or equivalent training in business or sales management and 7-10 years of account management experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Previous successful experience selling commercial well and value added products to Oil and Gas industry and experience developing new business for new product rollout required.
- Established industry contacts and business relationships; Active North American Energy Companies a plus.
- Previous successful experience as a Project Manager a plus.
- Travel may be required up to 75% of the time.
- Heavy telephone usage.
- Excellent knowledge of Company’s products, software pricing practices, and selling skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be a proactive, self-motivated individual
- Detail oriented
- Must be proficient with MS Word and PowerPoint