Experience and Education:
- Minimum 20 years of diverse exploration and development geology experience, particularly in the offshore area
- Previous leadership experience is required
- Experience in structural geology, basin modeling, plate reconstructions, static modeling
- Prior experience in peer review (quality assurance review) teams
- Advanced degree in geology with specialization in sedimentology or stratigraphy
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert level understanding of sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for geology, along with a willingness to challenge conclusions and interpretations
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position is based in Calgary, Alberta with regular travel to Newfoundland, the UK and Norway
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.